What is Recruit?
Recruit is a program for managing the faculty recruitment process at UC Berkeley. The system allows applicants to apply for positions electronically, uploading and revising application materials as needed. The status of the application may be checked as frequently as necessary and questions for the hiring department or for general technical support may be emailed directly from the system.
Apply For A Position
Creating a Recruit ApplicantID
- Locate the desired position in the list of open recruitments on Recruit's apply page.
- Click the link, Learn more about this recruitment.
- Read the application submission dates, the position's description, and the requirements. When you're ready, click the button, Apply Now.
- Choose a username and password. You'll use this for just one recruitment. If you apply to multiple recruitments, you'll have to come up with a different combination.
- Finish the rest of the form by providing your contact information, current employment information, etc.
- Review the information you have entered and click the button, Finish: Create application.
Your ApplicantID will be created and you will be brought to My Dashboard to continue your application. Recruit will send you a "Thank you for applying" email.
Returning to your application
- If you have logged out of your application, navigate to Recruit's apply page at https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply
- In the login box, enter your username and password.
- Click Login.
- You will now be back on your Dashboard.
- A login error will result in the message, "Invalid ApplicantID/Password combination."
- Click the link, "Forgot your password?"
- Type your email address you used when you created your ApplicantID.
- And click "Send Email".
- The following confirmation will show on the screen:
- Wait a few moments and then check your email for a message from Recruit. The subject line will be "UC Recruit: Password Reset".
- Follow the link in the email that is associated with your ApplicantID.
- In the form provided, type/confirm your new password and click "Reset ApplicantID Password".
- The screen will display, "Your password was successfully reset" and you may log into your application.
Third-party dossier services
Third-party dossier services, such as Interfolio, may interact with Recruit in a variety of ways. For more information, please contact your third-party provider's help desk.
The purpose of the Diversity Survey
As Federal Contractors, the University of California is obligated to report on fair practices to assure equal employment opportunity for gender and minorities.
When can I take the Diversity Survey?
Take the Diversity Survey at any time after creating your ApplicantID.Take the Diversity Survey:
- Click the Diversity Survey link on the orange tab.
- Click the link, "Submit diversity survey".
- Fill in the required information.
- Click the button, "Submit survey".
- A confirmation will indicate your survey has been submitted.