Position overviewPosition title: Specialist
The current full-time salary range for this position is $86,900 to $119,800.
Open date: January 24, 2024
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Feb 7, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Institute for Business Innovation at the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Project Director (Specialist).
The mission of the Institute for Business Innovation is to disseminate pioneering research on innovation, train students to be inventive and entrepreneurial leaders, and facilitate innovation in the start-up and corporate domains. Through conferences, forums, roundtables, and scholarly journals, we gather to examine the processes and capabilities essential for successful innovation.
● Facilitates efforts of various departments, managers, and outside constituencies to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration. Develops networks of foundations and partners that will support and participate in the research. Works directly with other centers and programs within Haas and UC Berkeley at large. Manages collaboration with corporate partners, as well as research vendors, academics at other universities, government entities, and more.
● Identifies and pursues funding opportunities and revenue streams. Pursues opportunities to expand initial projects or sponsorships. Raises enough money to meet targets for operational expenses. Creates revenue opportunities such as program sponsorships, sponsored research projects, and gifts. Seeks out and leads the application effort for research grant funding.
● Under the direction of the Faculty Director, they administer research and programs focused on corporate innovation and entrepreneurship among Turkish and other international companies with complete responsibility for projects and activities. While reporting to the faculty lead, has responsibility for operational administration for research, events, programs, and other initiatives. Implement business processes. Develops and maintains research gathering, retrieval and reporting systems.
● Assesses research and program effectiveness and recommends changes to content, policies and procedures accordingly. Develops and measure KPIs to assess research and program effectiveness. Works with faculty to assess research and programmatic initiatives to adjust to meet stakeholders' needs.
● Serves on committees representing the institute, participating in short-term and long-term planning. Represents the institute at school- and campus-level meetings. Works with faculty to plan and institute quarterly, annual, and longer-term research.
● Develops research and participates in professional conferences. Develops programming for the institute that increases the comprehensiveness of its offerings to the academic and practitioner communities.
● Manages and coordinates activities with research partners, including high-level representatives of corporate, government, and nonprofit organizations.
● Writes or contributes to research reports, white papers, working papers, policy recommendations, and other research outputs.
The minimum qualification to be an applicant is a Doctoral Degree or equivalent international degree at time of application.
Doctoral degree in marketing, entrepreneurship, or closely related discipline.
Extensive research and publication work in relevant fields around innovation and experience, academic and professional experience working with Turkish companies and startups.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley. More Information and guidelines.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Help contact: email@example.com
About UC Berkeley
UC Berkeley is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. The excellence of the institution requires an environment in which the diverse community of faculty, students, and staff are welcome and included. Successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge and skill related to ensuring equity and inclusion in the activities of their academic position (e.g., teaching, research, and service, as applicable).
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
In searches when letters of reference are required all letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality prior to submitting their letter.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.