CITRIS and the Banatao Institute (CITRIS) and University of California, Davis Health (UCDH) are recruiting for a postdoctoral position in health technology (CITRIS Health). The successful candidate will be engaged in research and program development projects related to advanced health technology research, digital health incubation, health and technology industry collaboration, and the Healthy Aging in a Digital World (HEAL) initiative. This position offers an opportunity to engage in cutting edge research, education, and technology innovation in a multidisciplinary, problem-based learning ecosystem.
This is a full time one-year position with the possibility of being extended a second year. Anticipated start date is November 1, 2017.
Duties will include:
1) Support for development of innovative digital health research by CITRIS Health researchers and collaborators
• Expanding the pool of CITRIS Health researchers and collaborators and fostering interdisciplinary research
• Supporting the implementation of the innovative CITRIS Seed Grant Program
• Collaborating on government, industry and philanthropic research and training proposals
• Ability to develop personal digital health research and innovation portfolio
2) Support the development of new domestic and international digital health research thrusts and training programs
• Support and expand CITRIS domestic digital health innovation initiatives and research initiatives: e.g., PERCEPT EHR/behavioral health initiatives,
• Support and expand CITRIS international health innovation and research initiatives: e.g., Transatlantic Telehealth Research Network (TTRN - Denmark), Guizhou Berkeley Bid Data Innovation Center (GBIC - China), Philippine California Applied Research Initiative (PCARI - Philippines), etc.
3) Support the development of CITRIS digital health start-ups and innovation ecosystem.
• Participate in the review, design, development, implementation and sustainability of the CITRIS Health Incubator/accelerator at UC Davis Health
• Support and foster digital health start-ups in collaboration with the Foundry (i.e., CITRIS incubator/accelerator), including development of strategic alliances, identification of external funding sources, and identifying projects to be submitted to the incubator.
4) Support the development of Corporate partnerships for CITRIS Health
• Identify and engage new corporate partnerships for CITRIS in the area of digital health.
• Engage and support existing corporate partners for CITRIS in related health technology verticals.
• Support the development of strategic business alliances and external funding sources from industry
5) Develop and manage CITRIS Health Conferences/Dissemination
• Design, implement and manage digital health meetings with CITRIS experts and leading national and global thought leaders (in coordination with CITRIS event planning team)
• Support external communication efforts and dissemination for CITRIS Health initiatives
• Prepare peer review and professional articles for publication and dissemination
6) Support the development of the Healthy Aging in a Digital World (HADW) Initiative
• Support CITRIS student, faculty and industry networking and project development in tech and aging
• Support grant and development activities for HADW
• Opportunity to develop, implement and direct technology-enabled aging intervention or research
• Conduct environmental scan of digital health solutions for older adults
At time of application
• PhD or equivalent degree in Health Science or related field
By start date
• Experience in digital health, e.g., telehealth, mHealth/cloud, robotics, sensors, informatics or digital health policy.
• Knowledge of health care delivery, behavioral health, digital health innovation, health policy or related knowledge area
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on UC Berkeley salary scales. The anticipated salary is $67,000
To apply go to https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF01534
Please direct all questions for this position to David Lindeman at email@example.com.
Job will remain open until filled
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated CV
Letters of reference may be requested of finalists. 3 references required (contact information only)
All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California Policy and California State law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: (http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html) prior to submitting their letters.
We are interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their research.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3 required (contact information only)