The Department of Statistics at the University of California, Berkeley seeks applications for a tenure track assistant professor position in the fields of Probability or Applied Statistics with the expected start date of July 1, 2018.
We take a broad view of Statistical Science and we will consider strong candidates working in theoretical or applied probability, and strong candidates in applied statistics who work at the interface between statistics and the computational, biological, physical and social sciences.
Basic qualifications: A PhD, or equivalent degree, in any related field. Candidates with ABD (“all but PhD degree or equivalent”) status will be considered.
The successful candidate must finish the PhD or equivalent degree within one year of their appointment’s expected start date.
Applications should be submitted online, by registering at: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF01464. Applicants should provide the following required documents for a complete application:
• Curriculum Vitae: Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• Statement of Research
• Statement of Teaching
• 3 Letters of Recommendation. Letter writers will receive a URL from the online system through which to upload their letters. All letters should preferably be received by November 15th, 2017, and must be received by December 1st, 2017. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure that letters of recommendation are submitted on time. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential letter writers, including when letters are provided via a third-party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html prior to submitting their letters.
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity: Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching and/or service.
• Publications: Up to 3 publications (or preprints or thesis drafts) (Optional)
Applications must be received by November 15, 2017. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
The Department is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, research, and service.
The Department is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
Publications - Up to 3 publications (or preprints or thesis drafts)
Optional publication #2 (Optional)
Optional publication #3 (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required