Open date: March 18th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, May 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 9, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate Field Program Supervisor - BE3 - Graduate School of Education
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) at the University of California, Berkeley is generating an applicant pool of qualified temporary, part-time, non-tenure track, Field Program Supervisors to facilitate the field experiences of candidates for the Preliminary California Multiple or Single Subject Credential with an expected start date of 7/1/20. This individual will work directly with the Academic Coordinators in the Berkeley Educators for Equity and Excellence (BE3) teacher education program and the lead Field Placement Supervisor. Screening of applicants begins immediately and continues as needed. Applicants will be selected from this pool for one year. The number of positions varies from semester to semester and may be renewed based on need and performance.
Field supervision of pre-service teachers in one of the credential pathways (Elementary; Secondary English; Secondary Math and Science; Secondary Social Studies):
- Provide written feedback on lesson plans prior to field observation
- Observe pre-service teachers
- Conduct post observation debrief
- Provide written video commentary
- Hold regular office hours
- Communicate with Cooperating Teachers about student teacher performance and support
- Help plan and facilitate professional development activities for Cooperating Teachers who work with BE3 pre-service teachers
Supervised Teaching course - EDUC 390
- Complete course readings
- Collaborate with the lead instructor to define the nature and content of the course
- Make connections between university course work and field experiences
- Assist in the documentation and evaluation of students
Bi-Weekly Credential Pathway Meetings
- Share and receive BE3 wide updates, support and field notes
- Focus on student teachers and field placements
Monthly BE3 Supervisor PD
- Attend and complete preparatory work for each monthly session
- Work directly with other Field Supervisors in BE3 to build and sustain a cadre of strong field support for the candidates and graduates of the program
- Troubleshoot difficult situations in field experiences
Introsession and Intersession: June and January
Participate in community-based learning experiences alongside other supervisors, student teachers, and community partners.
Orientation and Onboarding: New and Returning Supervisors
Attend, participate, learn about new UCB-wide and GSE procedures and programs.
Refer to https://gse.berkeley.edu/teacher-ed for details on the program.
Basic Qualifications (at time of application): Master's degree or equivalent international degree
Additional Qualifications (by start date): At least one year experience as a teacher
- Experience in urban public education as a teacher
- Experience with one or more Bay Area school districts and schools
- Experience as a teacher coach
- Experience as a field supervisor in a teacher education program
- Coach or professional developer working with teachers in a school district
- Experience and efficacy working with diverse students, supervisors, site administrators, and community stakeholders
- Motivated by the BE3 Identity Statement
- Experience with anti-racist programming and pedagogy
- Willingness to lead and speak in front of groups
- Experience facilitating equity-focused dialogue
- Knowledge of and experience with arts integration, Restorative Justice practices, and Culturally Responsive pedagogy
Salary: These are academic year appointments and subject to the normal processes of academic review. Salary is commensurate with experience but typically begins at $81,200 and prorated in accordance to instructional workload calculation.
To apply, please go to the following link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF02547
This position will remain open until filled.
Inquiries: For inquiries and questions contact: email@example.com
The Graduate School of Education is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education. Qualified women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. UC Berkeley has an excellent benefits package as well as a number of policies and programs to support employees as they balance work and family.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Cover Letter - Focus your cover letter on how you align with the BE3 Identity Statement https://gse.berkeley.edu/be3-identity
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
- 3 required (contact information only)